A list of major changes made since the site launched at 11:00 PM, August 25, 2014.
September 25, 9:30 PM
- Added links to the screen capture software Jing and the online image editing programs Pixlr and PicMonkey on the Resource page.
- Added a short introductory video on using Jing to the course Docs page.
September 17, 6:00 PM
- Added the following to the list of Sample Electronic Edition list of the Week 4 Schedule:
- “Alex Haley’s ‘The Malcolm I Knew’ and Notecards from The Autobiography of Malcolm X”
- Scholarly Textual Editing – each issue of this journal has a number of electronic scholarly editions as well as articles about scholarly editing
September 8, 1:15 PM
- Due to clarification in College of Arts and Sciences policy regarding asynchronous online courses and finals week, I’ve changed the Schedule Overview to reflect that the final project (the Electronic Edition) will be due at 10:00 PM, Thursday December 11. Its original due date had been 10:00 PM, Monday, December 8.
September 6, 11:45 PM
September 6, 3:00 PM
- Added a link on synthesis writing to the Community Response section of the Online Writing Activities assignment guidelines.
September 5, 6:30 PM
- Annotated Bibliography assignment posted. (This assignment is just for graduate students.)
September 5, 5:00 PM
- Preliminary schedules for weeks 4 – 8 are now available.
September 3, 4:00 PM
- Updated the Online Writing Activities assignment section on Community Response posts to explain how I will assign blog groups. (While each of you are assigned a group, you will do the work individually. The purpose of assigning you all to a group is so that I can each group to read a different set of blogs each week.)
- Updated the Blogroll page to indicate the blog groups. You’ll find your group assignment by the name of your blogs. If your blog is in Group 2, then you are a member of Group 2.
- I’ve updated the Week 2 schedule to assign each blog group the blogs they are to read this week for the Community Response post. See the “Due” section at the top of the schedule for your assignment.
September 2, 3:45 PM
- Added Medium Is the Massage audio Lecture 5 (pp. 44-61) and Lecture 6 (pp. 62-69). Both are available from the Week 2 schedule and from the Course Documents pages.
September 1, 10:00 PM
- Added a Blogroll page which lists all the student blogs for the course.
- Added resources to both the Week 2 and Week 3 schedules.
August 30, 6:30 PM
August 28, 5:45 PM
- Added four Audio Lectures on The Medium Is the Massage: An introduction and lectures covering pp. 1-43. Available from the Week 1 Schedule or the Course Documents page.
August 27, 10:45 PM
- Posted “A Comment on Reading Response Posts.”
- Added audio lecture 1.1: Cyber-Rhetoric:
August 27, 12:40 AM
- Added the video tour (3 min 49 sec) of the course web site to the Week 1 Schedule list of Activities.
August 26, 2014, 3:30 PM
- Added the Participation, Informed and Active Assignment Guidelines.
- Added the Literacy Practices Assignment Guidelines.
- Added initial documents to the Documents page.
- Added initial resources the Resources page.
August 26, 2014, 12:30 PM
- Added a rubric to the Online Writing Activities assignment.
- Added a Documents page to gather up all major course documents in one place.
- Added an About page.
- Moved the About John Walter page so that it is nested under the About tab.
- Added this Changelog page – nested under the About tab – to document major changes to this site.